D. Maria



Google
 




Saturday, September 03, 2005

Prayer for America 09/03/05


Godspeed Gennaro

All-loving God, sometimes I am overcome by the suffering in your creation. There are so many people in misery in our country and all over the world--those who have lost loved ones, those who are starving, cold, and hopeless. I know that everything happens for a reason, but those reasons are often impossible for me to understand. Help me trust you with everything, God. I need your peace that passes understanding today and every day. Amen.

Just when all seems hopeless, prayer lifts us like a wave on the ocean. A sturdy craft, prayer doesn't hide from pain but uses it like the force of the sea to move us to a new place of insight, patience, courage, and sympathy. Always, it is God's hand beneath the surface holding us up.