D. Maria



Google
 




Sunday, September 25, 2005

Pride For The Fallen

Looking to the stars in the midnight hour...

I can see the faces of our fallen warriors.
Their honor took them to a place that most will never know.
Comrades, brothers, family, friends tell me why they had to go.

So many fallen for a cause just and right.

Their life has faded yet their fire's burning bright.
And still when I wonder if all was not in vain,
My eyes will tear and my heart will ache from the pain,
For love ones lost and those yet to come.
Our fallen did what needed to be done.
They gave their lives so we could live on,
So our children can see a brighter dawn.
Their legacies given and their cause to keep.

Be strong in your fight yet still mourn for their sleep.
Remember the fallen and the mourning will come.
Be guided in their footsteps and be lead to the dawn.

By Judy Manns Gavette