D. Maria



Google
 




Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Birthday Gennaro!!



Gennaro, I just wanted to tell you Happy Birthday...I didn't forget!! I suppose some may say its stupid since you've passed on, but I know you're in heaven and can see everything.

I was so looking forward to meeting you in person, Mr. Professional Boxer. ;) This beautiful man [and when I say beautiful I not only mean the outside...Most importantly (as I told you many times) you're beautiful on the inside; which is MUCH more important!] The man behind the e-mails that we sent back and forth almost daily since January. The man who wasn't too busy (even though you were on your missions in Iraq and your grandfathers death) to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day.

Since our first e-mails not a day went by that I didn't think about you and pray for you. And Gennaro since August 8th, still not a day goes by that I don't think about you and pray for you and your family. You've touched me in a way that you'll NEVER know which makes me cry.

Back in August I tried to write about what you meant to me on Domelights and in this blog, but I simply couldn't. I couldn't come up with the words. As you can tell, I still can't... I'm still in disbelief that you're gone from this earth. It was much too soon!! You had so much more good to accomplish. You've done more in your short lifetime than most people do in a full lifetime. May you rest in peace and your family find solace. Godspeed. Donna



God knows that I know what it means
to be an American.

To believe in the promise of a better tomorrow
and stand united in our efforts
to give a peaceful nation to our children.

To honor each other's differences
and cherish the richness of our history,
even as it continues to unfold
from sea to shining sea...

To love deeply our friends and family,
day by day,
and never take for granted
the privilege of calling ourselves
American