D. Maria



Google
 




Saturday, April 15, 2006

Prayer for America 04/15/06



Heavenly Father, you say, "I have called you by name; you are mine." It encourages and comforts me to know of your specific and all-encompassing love. You extend to all humankind the same measure of abundant love. Help me remember that every human being is my brother or my sister, that in our human family we have a responsibility to one another.

Thank you for the generosity of America and the programs our government has to help the less fortunate, both in our country and in poorer lands. Help me have a glad heart at tax time when I realize how much of my income goes to helping people who have so little. Remind me each time I think I could use the money myself that you say, "To whom much is given, much is expected." Amen.