D. Maria



Google
 




Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Prayer for America 05/09/06



Dear God, today I am thinking of paths. How easy it is to take the path already smoothed by other feet, where all the rocks have been removed, all the holes filled in, and signs already mark the way. But maybe that is not the path you would have me take today. Help me to make a path where I ought to be rather than the one already paved. Our country’s pioneers did this. Thank you for their vision and their courage, their commitment that, in the end, populated our country from sea to sea.

Although my path may be but a dim reflections of those pioneers’ trails, I ask for the vision and courage to risk exploring a wilderness instead of following the ways of others. Amen.




Our votes are cast into our nation’s future, not into a vacuum.