D. Maria



Google
 




Saturday, March 25, 2006

Prayer for America 03/25/06

Thank you, Father, for clothing, shelter, and food. Thank you for a warm shower, a cold drink, a soft bed. This country affords so much physical comfort and convenience, and I don't always remember to be grateful. I drive on good roads, use public libraries, and get my mail delivered. Thank you that the taxes I pay come back to me in life-enhancing ways. I know things aren't perfect in the United States, but I still believe that, all in all, it's the best place in the world to live. So as I think on all my blessings, Lord, fill my heart with a consistent gratitude for all that I have here. Amen.

In moments of awe and wonder, we become re-enchanted with the magic of our everyday lives--magic that is ever-present but often overlooked.