D. Maria



Google
 




Monday, March 27, 2006

Prayer for America 03/27/06

Under the night sky, Lord, I feel very small and insignificant. Of the millions and millions of people in this country, I am a mere speck of humanity. I sometimes feel that I've only been counted, not named. I have a phone number, a PIN number, a credit card number, a social security number, a driver's license number, a medical insurance number, an employee number, a frequent flyer number, a checking account number, a library patron number, a voice mail retrieval number. There are model and serial numbers on my microwave, my washer and dryer, my television, my bicycle, my car, my computer, my screen door. I live in a world of numbers, infinite and cold.

Thank goodness, Lord, that you know my name and that in this sea of people, I am more than simply "present and counted." I ma loved and named.